Top 100 DVSs from Journal de Montréal

• Robin Long

Organizer
    30 October 2022 at 10:26 am

That is interesting! Nice to see vocational programs being featured in media exercises usually reserved for higher education. It gives weight to the validity of our educational training programs. I do have a couple of thoughts…

1. Are the salaries listed when a graduate enters the workforce, or is it a different metric, after a few years experience, or an average over a career?

2. Some of the DEP’s have a low employment rate – why? What is the significance to a potential student, especially in light of the shortage of workers in the workforce?

3. I would like to see the demographics of who is participating in the DEP’s. Looking quickly, I can see the the highest paying DEP’s are all in sectors that are traditionally dominated by male workers. I think that might paint an interesting, insightful picture as to why we have such a shortage of workers.

What do the different sectors think? Any thoughts about this article in relation to the programs you teach? This might make for an interesting Voc Talk café theme!

• PROCEDE

Organizer
    30 October 2022 at 8:58 pm

I think some of the data comes from

http://www.education.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/site_web/documents/PSG/recherche_evaluation/Rapport-Relance-2019.pdf

You can find there some of the answers. It is pretty detailed. The salary data must have been taken elsewhere (on the IMT site, for example).

• PROCEDE

Organizer
    31 October 2022 at 12:50 pm